The One City Culture Board was formally launched at the June 2020 City Gathering. It came about in recognition of the need for a connected approach to protecting and delivering the cultural capital that we hold in Bristol. Our culture underpins everything that we do as a city and will be a key enabler in our work to meet the One City 2050 vision.
The role of the Culture Board is to work alongside existing One City boards to deliver the ambitions set out in the ‘Our Culture’ narrative within the One City Plan.
The Culture Board will seek to ensure:
- the sector as a whole is supported and helped to recover and rebuild following the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic,
- inclusion and increasing diversity are at the core of all activity and at the heart of the culture of each board,
- a commitment to breaking down silos between sectors,
- open communications between boards when tackling systemic challenges or maximising opportunities,
- they support thematic boards in reviewing and updating the One City Plan on an annual basis; ensuring culture acts as an enabler across the six themes,
- a representative from the Board participates in the quarterly monthly multi-board sessions enabling a culture of cross-sector working as well as reporting key offers and asks to the city leaders breakfast group.
Membership and frequency:
The Culture Board is a core group of 20-25 members that will represent key business networks and sectors within Bristol. Meetings will take place every 6 weeks in response to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the city’s cultural and creative sector.