As one of six One City thematic boards, the Children and Young People’s Board will drive action and play a key role in coordinating delivery of the goals set out in the One City Plan. The Children and Young People’s Board will sit alongside the other thematic boards: Connectivity, Economy & Skills, Health & Wellbeing, Homes & Communities and Environmental Sustainability. A central function of the board is to ensure consideration for children and young people remains at the heart of all One City priorities and activity.
To do this, the Board will:
- put children and young people at the centre of all it does, by listening to their needs, recognising their role as ‘the leaders of tomorrow’ as well as understanding how they can help shape the decisions of today.
- provide leadership and strategic direction in how the city collectively responds to the needs of children and young people.
- ensure inclusivity and diversity is at the core of all its work so that all children and young people in the city have a sense of belonging that empowers and enables them to thrive.
- bring partners together to think creatively, talk openly and make progress in reducing inequality and child poverty in the city, ensuring all children have the best possible start in life.
- commit to working collaboratively to break down any silos between sectors as well as working with other boards to tackle systemic challenges or maximise opportunities for working in partnership.