Our Vision, By 2050:
- Improved inclusion will enhance productivity and throughout the city our diverse population will be contributing to and benefitting from clean economic growth.
- The economy will become more productive with greater inclusion, consequently delivering healthy and prosperous outcomes.
- Unemployment will fall to 2% and there will be reduced inequalities between the highest and lowest earners in the city.
- Compared with similar-sized cities in Europe, our productivity will be amongst the highest
- Schools, colleges, universities and businesses will collaborate so that all young people are prepared to enter the economy.
- Bristol will have an economy that works for everyone.
To read the purpose, vision statement and Terms of Reference for the Economy and Skills Board, please click here.
The Economy board co-created the One City Climate Ask with the Environment board. If you are interested in making a commitment to Net Zero, there is more information on the link.
The Co-Chairs of the Economy and Skills Board are Deputy Mayor and Cabinet Member for Finance, Governance and Performance, Councillor Craig Cheney, and Chief Executive of Bristol Chamber of Commerce and Initiative & Executive Director of Business West, James Durie.
Economy and Skills Board members* are currently:
- Babbasa, Poku Osei
- Black South West Network (BSWN), Sado Jirde
- Bristol Creative Industries, Susan Macmillan
- Bristol’s Women’s Commission, Sue Cohen
- City of Bristol College, Joanne Ward
- Economic Development- Bristol City Council, Anesa Kritah
- Federation of Small Businesses (fsb), Sam Holliday
- Hargreaves Lansdown, Danny Cox
- Night Time Economy Advisor – Bristol City Council, Carly Heath
- Paragon Costs Solutions, Nick Lee
- Skills – Bristol City Council, Jane Taylor
- The Lloyds Bank South West, Jeremy Hayward
- The West of England Centre for Inclusive Living (WECIL), Dominic Ellison
- Trades Union Congress (TUC), Nigel Costley
- University of Bristol (UoB), Barra Mac Ruairí
- University of the West of England (UWE), Dan Knox
- upReach, Joe Hensey
- Visit West, Kathryn Davis
- We The Curious, Donna Speed
*Members were elected in March 2022