Our Vision. By 2030 we will have delivered on the vital need to tackle climate change by becoming carbon neutral and our city will be more resilient to the challenges climate change will continue to bring. We will work with the city to champion climate action and make radical changes to how we live. This will result in a higher quality of life, and the promise of a more sustainable future. By 2050 our city will be litter-free with the nitrogen dioxide levels of rural England. As well as this, the tree canopy and wildlife will have doubled compared to 2018 and biodiversity will be at a level never before seen in the city. Sustainability will be designed into our city, from renewable energy in our homes to zero-waste economies on our high-streets.
The Environment Board will also oversee the development of action plans to deliver on priorities of the One City Climate Strategy whilst actively responding to the recommendations made by the Bristol Advisory Committee on Climate Change.
The Environment board co-created the One City Climate Ask with the Economy board. If you are interested in making a commitment to Net Zero, there is more information on the link.
The Co-Chairs of the Environment Board are Cabinet member for Climate, Ecology, Energy and Waste, Councillor Kye Dudd, and ARUP’s Associate, Resilience and Climate Change Advisor, Ann Cousins.
Environment Board members are currently:
- Avon Wildlife Trust, Ian Barrett
- North Bristol NHS Trust, Tricia Down
- Bristol Green Capital Partnership (directors’ representative), Jessica Ferrow
- Bristol Waste Company, Bristol Waste Company
- Wessex Water, Dan Green
- Environment Agency, Rebecca Kirk
- Jacobs, Andrew Linfoot
- Bristol Water, Iain McGuffog
- Future Economy Network, Katherine Piper
- Centre for Sustainable Energy, Simon Roberts
- Black and Green Ambassador, Roy Kareem
- Anthesis, Sara Telahoun
- Bristol City Council, Zoe Willcox
- Natural History Consortium, Savita Willmott
- University of Bristol (UoB), Phil Taylor
- Bristol Disability Equality Forum, Emma Geen
Bristol’s One City Plan and links between the One City Plan and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Bristol Green Capital Partnership