The ‘One City’ Environment Sustainability Board – one of six boards that will drive and lead delivery on One City Plan and its actions – met for the first time on 10 July.
Key outcomes included:
- adopting terms of reference which would be published on the One City website;
- appointing Ann Cousins (Arup) to co-chair alongside the Mayor of Bristol;
- that agendas for future meetings of the Board would be published in advance, that people would be able to observe the Board’s formal meetings (with provision for some items to considered in private if necessary);
- considering the Board’s approach to stakeholder engagement at its next meeting;
- a new ‘task and finish’ group to create the brief for the Bristol climate change strategy: its production will involve the wider city; and
- a second new ‘task and finish’ group to consider the process for refreshing environmental sustainability elements of the One City Plan for the next iteration due in January 2020; and
- to next meet on 1 October.
Key points and actions from the meeting can be found here.
Interested businesses, organisations or individuals can contact the Environmental Sustainability Board via the dedicated City Office email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new Bristol Advisory Committee on Climate Change is being established to provide independent technical advice on achieving a carbon neutral city: more about this opportunity is available here.
Bristol Green Capital Partnership, Our Future environmental sustainability vision for Bristol